Saturday, October 20, 2007

The commute home

I've been told I live in a desirable section of Lander, but what do I know? I'm not in the town proper, but slightly outside (by a mile) of town. Every time I drive home from work, I'm greeted by an amazing sunset framed by the Wind River Mountains.

I live exactly 3 miles door to door from home to work. And let me tell you, the drive is fantastic. Traffic? What traffic? I have about 3 stop signs and 1 stop light and it takes me approximately 5-6 minutes to make the drive. I keep telling myself that I'm going to ride my bike to work soon, but haven't quite gotten up the courage to do it yet, especially since the morning temps have been in the upper 20's. My car has been iced over 3 days out of 5 this week. This transplanted peach needs a bit more time to acclimate to the cooler weather.

P.S. I'll post pictures of my house soon! Promise!





Look closely and you can see the snow-capped peaks of the Winds.




This is my road. 4 wheel-drive will be necessary soon!

No comments: