Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Snowy Tundra

Obviously not a faithful blogger... Winter has arrived and locals keep telling me that I must have brought the snow and cold weather with me from Atlanta. Apparently this winter is one of the coldest and snowiest Lander has seen in years. Go figure. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Lander, but this peach confesses that she has struggled some with the recent Wyoming forecast. Perhaps it was driving my city car, not knowing how to navigate icy, snowy roads, sliding right through stop signs as another car heads my way with my life flashing before my eyes. Having to park the 2-wheel drive Camry at the bottom of the driveway and hike through knee deep powder to my house? I'm dealing with freezing temperatures beautifully thanks to my puffy down jacket, but I'm not sure I'll ever get over the fact that Lander waits a couple of weeks after a snowstorm to plow the roads. Then by the time they get around to plowing, the 2 feet of snow that fell is now packed down to a solid sheet of ice. Make life interesting for sure.


After shoveling the driveway by myself (and getting quite the workout I might add), I finally broke down and hired someone to plow it. I am no longer held prisoner. It's a beautiful thing.

I'm not sure you can appreciate the length and steepness of my driveway in this shot, but believe me, it's ridiculously long. My poor Camry never had a chance.



Another salvation!!!! An all-wheel drive Subaru Outback. Who would have thought that I would ever drive a Subaru?? It's completely awesome, hugs the road and gets up my driveway without any problems. I've had it for two days and absolutely love it.


MVCJ16

No comments: